Translate

Sunday 9 November 2014

Matt Damon Confirms He'll Be Back As Jason Bourne

Matt Damon has confirmed that he'll be reprising his role as Jason Bourne in another film based on late author Robert Ludlum's spy series.

The actor, who last starred in The Bourne Ultimatum before Jeremy Renner took the mantle of the title character in 2012's "The Bourne Legacy."

Damon and pal Ben Affleck were in Los Angeles on Friday to promote season four of HBO's "Project Greenlight" and introduce winner Jason Mann, who the two will mentor during the upcoming season. During the event, Affleck let it slip that Damon, who was rumored to be in talks for a return back in September, will reunite with director Paul Greengrass for a fourth Bourne film together.

"Well, he's going to be doing a Bourne movie next fall when I've just completely lost any semblance of physical fitness," Affleck told E! News.

Damon confirmed the news, adding, "Yes, next year. It'll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out."

"Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that's all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes," Damon added.

Greengrass originally had no plans on doing another, telling Deadline.com, "In the end I felt I had given it my all in two films I'm very proud of ["The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum"] and didn't want to make another if I didn't believe it could be as good if not better.
"I couldn't come up with an idea, and the business reality of franchises is that when a studio has a Bourne, they're obliged to make one every couple of years," he added. "I discovered in my heart I didn't have another one in me."

Fortunately for fans, Greengrass has had a change of heart, and he and Damon will begin filming their thirdBourne flick together next year.

As for "Project Greenlight," Affleck and Damon resurrected the series earlier this yearafter it was canceled in 2005 following the third season.

The documentary series follows the entire filmmaking process and Damon and Affleck will mentor Mann as he directs his movie. The two stars are also over the moon about their new director.

"Jason should be doing this, this is what he is meant to do, and he's really, really good at it," Damon told People. "I think he's somebody who, in 25 years, we'll look back and he'll have made a lot of wonderful movies, all kinds of different movies, and we'll say, 'Of course this is the guy that got that job!'"

"Jason was, by far, the best, and we were really, really impressed by him and we really feel confident that he's going to do something special for us and HBO," Affleck added.

The show is set for a return in spring 2015.

Photo Credits: © WENN

No comments:

Post a Comment